| Community Rules.
This is no longer a biweekly contest community; it is now an ongoing challenge. All works posted to the comm will stay in the archive for your viewing pleasure.
The way it works now is you claim a card of fifty prompts. The prompts will vary in type and form, but each card will include: songs, lyrics, characters, pairings, and themes.
Songfics are a must.
This is still an open community, but certain adult entries must be age-locked to prevent viewing by minors. Please and thank you for abiding by this rule.
1. Each entry must be a songfic. They don't have to include the lyrics to the song, but they must be written with it in mind. This can be reflected in the mood, the dialogue, the plot, the setting, the character/pairing choice, etc.
2. This is an IY community; no crossovers or songfics written for other fandoms will be allowed.
3. You may write any rating/genre that you wish, but please be vigilant with any possible warnings. If your entry is rated anything above Teen (i.e. Older Teen, MA, NC-17), then you are required to warn appropriately and age-lock the entry. This doesn't mean member-lock or f-lock; this means to make it so that our younger members cannot view any material that would be too adult or risque for their viewing.
4. Once you have made your first post, you will be given an author's tag, and the mods will maintain tags for each card. When posting, please use ONLY your author's tag and your card tag.
5. Minimum word count is 250 words; song lyrics will be included in all word counts.
6. There are no deadlines, no voting; just write for your card whenever inspiration hits (or, in some cases, when the plot bunnies attack). However, please note that your claim will be dropped if you don't post anything within six months.
7. If you have any questions or concerns, or wish to affiliate, please don't hesitate to PM a mod; that's what we're here for.
1. Once you feel you're ready to get started, please head to this post to claim a card. Just follow the format supplied in the post when commenting for the claim.
2. You'll have to re-post a copy of your claimed card into your own journal or archive; a link will be required when claiming. Your claim will be denied if it isn't there.
3. When submitting your claim "a song in my heart" must be in the subject line. This shows the mods that you've read the new rules; it this step is skipped, your claim will be rejected until you can resubmit with the proper subject line.
4. The list of approved claims will live at this post
*Each card is chalkful of different songs, themes, characters/pairings, and lyrics. You don't have to use them in any certain order.
*A banner will be issued every time a member completes ten prompts, and we will keep a master list of members who have completed them HERE.
*Once you've completed ten prompts, just mozy on to that post and comment with the links to all ten. Each time you comment, though, you need only inform us of your newest ten entries; the rest should already be archived on the Winners List.
*We will also have special challenges:
CHALLENGE ONE: More than one song included in the songfic.
CHALLENGE TWO: More than one prompt used in the songfic.
CHALLENGE THREE: An alternate pairing included in the songfic. (Alternate pairings are any non-Canon pairings - i.e. Sesshomaru/Kouga, Inuyasha/Miroku, Miroku/Kagome, Naraku/Rin, etc.)
CHALLENGE FOUR: An instrumental used as the song in the songfic.
CHALLENGE FIVE: A prompt from each card used in a single songfic.
*Once you have completed a special challenge, please comment with a link at this post. You will receive a banner for your efforts.
*NOTE: Each special challenge may only be completed ONCE per member.
Starting now, inusongfics has a new required header format:
Title: Something Pretty and Witty
Prompt: CardName#Whatever - Prompt
Song: "Whatever Song You Used" by Whoever
Rating: K - NC-17
Genre: Canon or AU, any other genres that apply
Word Count: NUMBERSGOHERE
Summary: To know what it's all about.
(Any Possible) Warnings: Whatever may be inappropriate for younger readers.
*When posting entries, an LJ Cut is required.
*If you crosspost or fake-cut, make sure it's openly accessible; otherwise, the mods won't be able to see if you've completed the cards or not.
THANKS - AND HAVE FUN.
journal layout: milou_veronica
profile layout: runningrockets